Narrow the Gap Event 2013: Focus on Children
Thank you for participating in LIN’s Narrow the Gap Event 2013!
To learn about the event results and view event photos, please click here.
As determined by the public vote during the NTG Event 2013, the topic of the NTG Event 2014 will be Education.
About the Narrow the Gap Event 2013
On September 15 from 9am-12pm, we invite you to join a fun and meaningful event designed for adults and children alike at Q4 (7 Nguyễn Tất Thành, Quận 4, HCMC! The event is the third of its kind organized by LIN Center for Community Development.
The main purpose of the event is to bring together individuals and companies in HCMC who want to help disadvantaged children in our city. The event will have a lot of fun games and activities, such as a photo booth, arts & crafts, balloons, team building games for kids, raffle with great prizes, and more, all of which make for a great family Sunday for a good cause!
And, in addition to the games, we will present three projects by the local not-for-profit organizations that aim to address the needs of disadvantaged children. Guests will vote for their favorite project and the vote tally will be announced along with the size of the grant each project will receive from the Narrow the Gap Community Fund. To learn more about the three projects click here.
In this way, by joining our event, you will connect a great time with a great cause!
Ticket Prices (purchased in advance): Regular = VND 220,000 | Student (over 16) = VND 150,000 | Children (under 16) or NPO Staff/Beneficiaries = VND 120,000
Ticket Prices (purchased at the door): Regular = VND 320,000 | Student (over 16) = VND 200,000 | Children (under 16) or NPO Staff/Beneficiaries = VND 200,000
(Note: Please contact LIN at event@LINvn.org, if you would like to attend the event but cannot afford the price of a ticket. We would like to ensure that anyone who is interested can attend this event and we will work with our sponsors to make this possible.)
Each ticket includes one complimentary drink, free food, and one free raffle ticket. You also can buy event tickets for Low-Income HCMC Residents and their Children. To do so, select “Pay It Forward” option when filling out the ticket purchase form below. LIN will pass the tickets in your name on to the people served by our NPO partner organizations. All proceeds from ticket sales will support LIN’s programs for local charity organizations.
8:30 – 11:00
Welcome Guests / Sell Tickets
9:00 – Noon
VIP Relax Room with light snacks and music
9:00 – Noon
- Information Booths for three not-for-profit organizations (NPOs) and video presentations of their projects
- Station for voting for your favorite project
- Tree of Fortune
- Selling raffle tickets
- Fun Photo Opportunity
- Arts & Crafts Corner
- Collaborative Games for Kids
9:15 – 9:30 AND 10:15-10:30
- Welcome & Intro to Event followed by video presentations of the projects
- Short Speech by Donor
- Networking Bingo Game
11:10 – 11:40
- Call for final votes
- Lucky Draw Raffle
11:50 – 12:15
- Announce: vote tallies and funds raised
- Photo of three NPOs with donors
11:00 – 12:30
Handicrafts for sale
How can you sponsor the NTG Event?
To lower the administrative costs, LIN is seeking the following types of in-kind contributions:
- Donated food & beverages for the Narrow the Gap Event
- Raffle prizes (e.g., vouchers for hotels/restaurants/spas/salons/travel and other services, retail products such as clothing, accessories, cosmetics, jewelry, etc.) to help attract guests and raise additional funds during the event
- Advertising and event promotion services, both online and offline platforms
- Graphic designer to support development of attractive communication materials
- Professional translation services (English – Vietnamese and vice versa)
- Color printing for communication materials (i.e., tickets, brochures, standees, banners)
- “Pay It Forward” (Buy Tickets to the NTG Event for Low-Income Residents and their Children)
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos from Narrow the Gap Event: Focus on Women (December 2012)