CDWG Invitation: LEADERSHIP IN VIETNAM
Time: 10:00 to 12:00
Date: 20 April, 2011
Location: VUFO-NGO Resource Centre
La Thanh hotel, Building F1, 218 Doi Can, Hanoi
Tel. +84 (0)4 3832 8570 Fax. +84 (0)4 3832 8611
The CDWG would like to invite you to a panel discussion on organisational Leadership in Vietnam.
The panel discussion will explore a range of issues related to organisational leadership from a Vietnamese perspective. The panel will include four brief presentations from individuals who are in leadership positions or working in leadership development. These include:
- Patricia Barundun, Head of Governance Unit, UNDP Vietnam
- Mr. Nguyen Thanh Trung, Executive Board Member of Mazars
- Mr. Pham Thanh Hai, Director, Xuan Mai Forestry Vocational Training College
- Khuat Thi Hai Oanh, MD, MSc, Executive Director, Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI)
The meeting discussion will be facilitated by Ian Bromage (CCIHP).
10:00 Welcome & Introductions
10.15 Patricia Barundun – Topic: Empowerment and effective leadership
10.30 Nguyen Thanh Trung- Topic: What qualities make a good leader in Vietnam
10.40 Mr. Pham Thanh Hai- Topic: Can leadership be taught? Is it all about personal qualities?
10.50 Khuat Thi Hai Oanh- Topic: Leadership in VNGOs in a rapidly changing civil society environment
11:00 Panel discussion
The INGORC Capacity Development Working Group
Capacity development is the focus of many development initiatives in Vietnam, which are largely focused on civil society. Some are led by NGOs, donors and volunteer organizations, others by civil society organizations and some by Government institutions. Although capacity building is a common element of many different organizations and across many sectors, there are few initiatives for sharing lessons learnt, resources and coordinating resources.
The CDWG aims to reduce vulnerability by helping local organizations to improve through a forum for exchange between different stakeholders, creating a dialogue and mutual learning on organizational capacity development by:
- Coordinating and sharing initiatives and knowledge in organisational development in order to mutually learn, maximise impact and minimise overlap.
- Creating an interface between NGOs and their counterparts, including the Government, donors and the private sector, for dialogue and advocacy on civil society capacity development.
- Ensuring that NGOs, civil society organisations and self help groups in Vietnam have access to information, training, events and funding opportunities relating to capacity development and support.
To receive updates of the CDWG meetings and other activities, please register your email address at http://ngocentre.org.vn/mailman/listinfo/capacitydev
Further information please contact the Group Chairman
Mr. Neil Poetschka l Health Program Coordinator l CARE International in Vietnam l Address: 66 Xuan Dieu Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi l Post: PO Box 20 Hanoi l Phone: +84 4 37161930 l Fax: +84 437161935 l Mobile: +84 123 603 0026 l Email: email@example.com. vn l