LIN is organizing a haiku poem writing contest as a way to mark our third year working to build stronger communities in the Ho Chi Minh City area. Join in and get your friends to join in on this fun, creative, and friendly competition to express your thoughts and feelings about LIN and our work (community, volunteering, giving).
Here are the contest rules and instructions:
· Starting July 6th, log onto your Facebook account, then post one entry for LIN haiku by entering a “Comment” on LIN Facebook page. Be creative! Humor encouraged.
· One entry per person please.
· LIN haiku MUST have ONE word in LIN’s name: “Listen”, “Inspire”, “Nurture”.
· Entries posted before 12AM on Sunday July 29th, 2012 will be entered into the contest.
· After the July 29th deadline, LIN judges will select what we feel are the top 10 entries.
· Selected entries will be displayed on LIN Facebook page and YOU (the community) can click “Like” on Facebook for the entry you think is best. The three (3) entries with the highest percentage of recorded eligible “Likes” will be the winners. In the event of a tie, the three winners will be randomly selected from among the tied entries. Deadline is 8AM 8/8/2012 to “Like” the selected entries. One “Like” per person please.
PRIZE: one entrance ticket for each of top three haiku poems (residents of HCMC only).
Besides getting a chance to win a free ticket to LIN’s upcoming event in August, the top three haiku poems will be shared at the event, posted on LIN’s Facebook page, newsletter and website. Not only will you receive recognition within LIN’s online community, you also have a chance to share with others about your inspiration for the winning LIN haiku at LIN’s event. Join us in the LIN haiku fun!