There are just 10 days left to help LIN build a true community center for local not-for-profit organizations (NPOs) in Vietnam. LIN From 31 December until 9 February, LIN is running a New Year Lights Campaign to raise USD $10,000, which will help us with renovations, equipment, paint, utilities, security system, rent and more!
LIN’s new community center will support the work of over 100 local NPOs, volunteers and area philanthropists who, in turn, are working to tackle some of the city’s greatest challenges and provide direct support to thousands of people who are very much in need: from disadvantaged children and abandoned elderly to people with disabilities and the urban poor.
We found the location last week and plan to open the center in March. If we can raise the funds needed, LIN will be able to provide a location that offers: a space for workshops, seminars, working groups and meetings; a small resource library; a donation center and monthly thrift shop; one-on-one consultations for NPOs, volunteers and donors; 2 desks for start-up NPOs; office space for LIN staff and a venue for community-oriented events.
Will you help LIN reach our goal? There are many ways in which you can make a donation: new community center:
- Direct bank transfer in Vietnam
- Forward this email to your friends
- Ask your friends to support LIN on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Thank you for bringing light to our new Home for Vietnam NPOs!
* Details you should know about GlobalGiving and OneVietnam:
- The minimum donation size is USD $10.
- You can contribute using a credit card, PayPal account and/or (GG) giftcards.
- If you would like to send a check to GlobalGiving, please be sure to specify “Project #12828” on the memo line. Checks should be made payable to “The GlobalGiving Foundation” and mailed to: The GlobalGiving Foundation, 1023 15th Street NW, 12th Floor, Washington, DC 20005, USA.
- OneVietnam charges a 12% fee to raise funds on its website. GlobalGiving charges a 15% fee. These fees cover their costs to guarantee tax deductability to US citizens, to promote LIN and our projects on their respective websites, and to provide training and online tools to LIN staff for better fundraising.
- Donations through GlobalGiving and OneVietnam are tax deductible in the US.