Are you facing a wardrobe/storage space crisis?
Have you ever wished that HCMC had a better recycling system?
Would you like to help people who are less privileged in HCMC?
LIN is giving a new meaning to the old saying “One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure” by opening Second Chance Store!
Second Chance Store will provide the HCMC community with a way to effectively channel good quality used items to local nonprofit organizations and their beneficiaries. Anyone can donate items, which will be sorted and accessibly priced by the LIN team. All proceeds from our sales will cover operating costs and any additional amount will be invested into LIN’s community programs supporting local not-for-profit and charity organizations.
LIN will be accepting donated goods at different locations in HCMC. Each month, we organize one Sunday morning sale at 180/47 Nguyen Huu Canh, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District. Although anyone can come to purchase items on the sale day, LIN will heavily market the opportunity towards the staff at local not-for-profit organizations (many of whom are volunteers or on low incomes) and the disadvantaged people they support.
Interested in donating items?
- District Binh Thanh (LIN Office): 180/47 Nguyen Huu Canh, W. 22 (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
- District 1 (Home): 12/4E Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Da Kao Ward (9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri)
- District 2 (VINO An Phu): No. 1, Duong So 2, Thao Dien (10am-6pm. Tues – Sun)
- District 7 (Company): 146 Duong 47, Phuong Tan Quy, Quan 7 (8am-5pm, Mon to Sat)
Acceptable items: Due to space constraints, and based on needs, we can only accept the following items:
- Shoes and clothing for men, women & children (clean/washed, no stains, tears or missing buttons)
- Bags & accessories
- Small home & kitchen appliances, clean and in working condition (microwave-sized items or smaller)
- Children’s toys (NO stuffed animals) & games (no missing parts)
- English & Vietnamese books (NO outdated textbooks) and educational magazines (e.g. National Geographic) in good condition
- Hangers, clothing racks and mirrors (for the Second Chance Store)
LIN is grateful for on-going support to Second Chance Store from