Volunteer Stories Competition 2013
The impact of skilled volunteerism
WHO CAN SUBMIT A STORY?
- Nonprofits – Nonprofit organizations in Vietnam who received support from one ore more skilled volunteer during the past four years.
- Volunteers – Individuals who contributed their skills to one or more nonprofit organization in Vietnam in the past four years.
- For NPOs, “What do skilled volunteers mean to us?”
- For Volunteers: “What impact did I make by contributing my skills to an NPO?”
- Narrative (800 words or less);
- Poem (800 words or less);
- Video (5 minutes or less; or
- A combination of any of the above formats.
Stories must be submitted to volunteer@LINvn.org on or before 5:00pm on 15 November 2013.
(1) Eligible stories will be shared and promoted on LIN’s Facebook page and blog from 18 November to 24 November.
(2) Printing and dissemination of a volunteer stories book. 15 stories will be selected for inclusion in a hard-copy book containing inspiring stories about volunteers who support nonprofits. The selection of the 15 included stories will be determined as follows:
- The online community will be asked to clicking “like” under their favorite stories. This outcome will have 25% weight in the final decision.
- The opinions of an independent panel of judges will contribute the remaining 75% of the final decision.
You might ask, what are the benefits of participation? Well, there are quite a few:
- Authors of the 15 selected stories will receive a prize (2 grand prizes, valued at VND 5 million, and 13 appreciation prizes, valued at VND 1 million).
- Invitation to an award ceremony, which will take place on International Volunteer Day (7 December 2013) in HCMC (Note: LIN is unable to cover transportation/accommodations to attend the event)
- Volunteers and Nonprofits can generate positive PR for their organization and for the causes they address, which may help to attract donors and future volunteers.
- Nonprofits can appreciate their volunteers in the most meaningful way, by giving them a story about how their support helped the organization.
- A chance to inspire other people to make a difference in their community.
Please send your story with submission form to Volunteer@LINvn.org before 5:00 pm 15 November, 2013.
For NPO: Click here to DOWNLOAD submission form for NPO.
For Volunteer: Click here to DOWNLOAD Submission form for Volunteer.